Save the Date: Regional Summits
Thanks to funding from the Blue & You Foundation for a Healthier Arkansas, ArCOP will be offering Regional Summits across the state of Arkansas this spring! The training sessions will be open to all individuals interested in helping their communities make the healthy choice the easy choice. Registration is $20, scholarships available.
All participants will be eligible to apply for grant funding that will immediately put the training they receive to work in their communities!
Dates & Host Cities
The training sessions will take place from 8:00 AM (check-in and breakfast will begin at 7:15 AM) to 4:30 PM in each public health region:
- Northwest Arkansas: Fayetteville on Wednesday, March 19 at Mount Sequoyah Retreat & Conference Center
- Northeast Arkansas: West Memphis on Wednesday, April 2 at the Eugene Woods Civic Center
- Central Arkansas: Bryant on Wednesday, April 16 at Bishop Park Community Center
- Southeast Arkansas: Stuttgart on Wednesday, April 30 at the Grand Prairie Center
- Southwest Arkansas: Camden on Thursday, May 15 in SAU’s Tech Technology Building & College Café
Eligibility, Registration Fees & Scholarships
Anyone passionate about making the healthy choice the easy choice in their community (county, city, town, neighborhood) is encouraged to attend. Registration fee is $20 and may be paid through the registration form (when it is up) or as an invoice payment (requested through the registration form). Scholarship applications will posted shortly. A healthy breakfast, lunch, and snack will be provided.
As at last year’s Regional Summits, participants will have the opportunity to receive training – and then will be eligible for grant funding to immediately put that training to work!
Tracks will include:
- Cooking Matters program training
- Farm to School & Farm to Table programs
- Farmers’ Markets
- Community & School Gardens
- Joint Use Agreements
- Worksite Wellness Scorecard
- Early Childhood & Schools Toolkit (updated)
- Social Marketing
- Coalition Building & Maintenance
More Information to Come!
Watch ArCOP’s website for more details including registration forms, training agenda, scholarship form, and FAQs.